In response to significant worldwide challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of State has temporarily suspended routine visa services at all U.S. Embassies and Consulates. Embassies and consulates have canceled all routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments as of March 20, 2020. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. Please visit the Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs website for notices which contain detailed information about the current status of visa services worldwide and visa restrictions related to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Immigrant Visa (IV) and Diversity Visa Applicants (DV): Register Your Interview Date and DHL Courier Service
Once the petitioner, beneficiary, or agent of choice receives the notification with your appointment date respectively from the National Visa Center (NVC) for Immigrant Visa applicants and from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for Diversity Visa applicants, each and every applicant must register their interview date, and the DHL courier service, in order to return your passport upon completion of your case, and/or document submission if requested by the Consular Officer. Follow these steps:
- Create an Account;
- Select “Register”;
- Select “I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or the Consular Section and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site”;
- Continue selecting from the drop-down menu “I need to register an Immigrant Visa appointment”;
- Fill out the data, and your case number*;
- Choose the DHL branch where you would like your passport returned upon completion of your case, and/or any submitted documents if requested by the Consular Officer;
- Select “Continue” and then “Complete Registration”;
- Print out the “Instructions” confirmation page and send it along with all other documents to the Consular Section. No visa can be issued without this registration.
*If during your registration you receive a message: “The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment”, please allow a few more days until your case number is loaded in the website. This usually happens because you received the appointment letter before your electronic file is sent to the Consular Section. You must try to register again in the next days, but make sure to be registered before your interview date.