Before the Interview | Tirana, Albania – Embassy of the United States
What Do You Need to Bring to the Interview:
- The interview appointment letter you received from the NVC (or in a few cases from the Consular Section);
- Medical examination results form;
- Your passport;
- Updated documents issued during the last 12 months. Civil documents issued more than one year ago are considered expired. If your civil documents were issued over a year ago, bring updated original civil documents and/or financial evidence such as tax returns which may have changed or been superseded since you originally submitted them to the NVC for review. If you fail to bring the relevant documents, your case will be refused until we receive those documents. Please, therefore, take the time to review the required documents’ checklist before attending the interview. Post encounters many numerically limited cases (F, E, etc.), whose documents are expired due to extended time spent with NVC while the cases were not current;
- A birth certificate listing your accurate civil status. For example, if you were married outside of Albania and submit a birth certificate with your civil status listed as single, you will be refused until you send in a new birth certificate that shows your updated marital status;
- If a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) and provided the NVC with proof of an IRS Federal Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, you must bring the sponsor’s most recent Federal Income Tax Return to the visa interview.
Visa applicants in categories K1, K3, CR1, IR1, F21, C21, FX1, AND CX1 should read the Information on the Rights and Protection for for Foreign Citizen Fiancé(e)s and Spouses of U.S. Citizens and Spouses of Lawful Permanent Residents. Failure to read this information may delay processing of your visa.
REGISTER FOR DHL COURIER SERVICE: After you have received the notification from NVC with your appointment date, create an account at the internet address albania.usvisa-info.com, and follow the instructions on how to register for DHL courier service to return your passport upon completion of your case, and/or for document submission if requested by the Consular Officer. Optionally, you may contact the Call Center at the toll free numbers +355-(0)44-500-037 (in Albania), 703-439-2349 (in the United States), or USVisaAlbania (on Skype) to speak to an agent who will assist you. Please save your account details as you may need to go back to this website to learn about your passport delivery status, and/or to submit new documents to the Consular Section, if instructed to do so. This free–of-charge DHL courier service is valid only within Albania.
Print out the DHL confirmation page and bring it on the appointment date. If you do not register for DHL, it will create delays in processing of your case.
SECURITY INFORMATION: No electronic devices of any kind are allowed inside the U.S. Embassy, including cell phones, cameras, recording devices, electronics, computers, large bags or luggage. Applicants may not bring weapons, liquids or objects under pressure (such as hairspray or deodorant). There is no public parking at the Embassy; public transportation is encouraged.
MEDICAL EXAMINATION: Before your final immigrant visa interview, all applicants are required to undergo a medical examination performed only by the medical doctors authorized by this Embassy to administer the examination. You should attend a medical examination exactly three weeks prior to your interview date.
You will have to print the medical examination form found at the Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs webpage “Medical Examination”, read it carefully, fill it in, and present it to one of the panel physicians. You are responsible for the cost of the examination. A medical examination is also required for each accompanying child. You should bring the appointment letter with you to your medical examination.
Do not send the results of your medical examination to this office before your interview. You will be required to submit your medical report to this office at the time of your interview. Do not bring X-ray film or a CD to the Embassy. You can download the Medical Examination form by visiting the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs webpage “Medical Examination”; search for TIA –Tirana and then download the medical examination form.
During the entire visa application and interview process you must tell the truth and give complete and accurate information. This includes the documents you provide; they must be legitimate. If you do not, your visa will be delayed or you may be found ineligible for a visa.