Last updated on 10/6/2022
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No.
For information on entry/exit requirements, please visit our web page “Entering and Residing in Albania.”
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine?
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Albania? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- Airport Covid-19 PCR test:
- Tirana International Airport offers a Covid-19 PCR test for travelers. For more information, visit their website.
- Private Labs:
- Individuals can also arrange private testing by going to a private testing lab. No symptoms or doctor’s order is required to arrange a private test, and no advance appointment is necessary.
- According to the Albanian Ministry of Health and Social Protection, there are several private labs authorized to perform SARS-CoV-2 testing for administrative issues. For a full list, please see the Ministry of Health list here.
- Hard copy letters of test results are provided within 24 to 72 hrs. You can arrange another method of delivery (e.g.: email or text) with the individual labs.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Albania for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Albania?
- According to Albanian health authorities, the government is currently administering multiple vaccines, including Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca-Oxford, Gamaleya and Sinovac vaccines.
- At this time U.S. citizens and other foreign nationals are not eligible to receive a vaccine locally unless they have an Albanian residency permit, an Albanian social security number, and are registered with the national health system. If you have a residency permit and an Albanian social security number, you can register for details about the vaccination process at e-albania.al. Once you register you will be contacted with more information about receiving the vaccine.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
(Note: The below links to local resources are in Albanian language only.)
- Medical Emergency Line: 127 (For suspected Coronavirus cases)
- National Green Line 0-800-4040 (For Coronavirus general questions)
National Emergency Line: 112 (Equivalent of U.S. 911)
- Albanian government information on COVID-19
- Other links: