Sending Money to Destitute U.S. Citizens in Albania

If you are destitute in Albania, and need to receive money to Albania, you have a number of available options. See available options below:

    • To transfer funds through the Department of State, information is available on the Bureau of Consular Affairs web page “Sending Money to U.S. Citizens Overseas.”
    • To transfer funds commercially to Albania, the fastest way is through Western Union.  Western Union in Albania is operated by “Financial Union Tirana” who has branches in all of the cities in Albania.In order to retrieve the money sent by family or friends through Western Union to Albania, all you need is a valid identity document and the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) provided to you by the money sender. For your convenience you can use the Western Union website to track the money transfer online.  For more information, you may contact Financial Union Tirana’s Client Services:
    • Another way to transfer money is through MoneyGram®.  You can use MoneyGram Albania to receive funds anywhere you see the MoneyGram sign.  More information at their web page “How to Receive Money in Albania”.