Subject: End of Travel on Expired U.S. Passports
U.S. citizens who are overseas after June 30, 2022, will no longer be able to use an expired U.S. passport to return to the United States. For more information about this change, please visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel.html
If your U.S. passport is expired, please see our website for information on how to renew your passport before traveling: https://al.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/
Emergency temporary passports may be available in some cases for urgent travel. Please find more information here: https://al.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/emergency-passports/.
Actions to Take:
- All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Albania.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens: https://al.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania +(355) (0)4224-7285, +(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter