Are you a journalism student who wants to help combat corruption in Albania?
In partnership with Tirana University’s Department of Journalism and the Albanian Media Institute, the U.S. Embassy invites you to apply for the new investigative journalism lab! The 12 winning students will be invited to participate in a mentoring program and then report on corruption throughout Albania. Cutting edge equipment and journalism training will be provided.
To apply, please submit the following to PASTirana@state.gov by August 5, 2016.
Please write an essay (500 words or less) on one of the following topics:
1. How can more responsible journalism help strengthen Albania’s democracy?
2. Why is it important to have news media that are independent of the influence of government, political, and business interests?
3. How does corruption affect the average citizen?
In order to qualify for the program, the applicant must be:
· A resident of Albania
· Currently enrolled in an Albanian university as a journalism major
· Available to participate in a mentoring program during September, 2016.