Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania (April 14, 2020) Location: Albania
Event: The U.S. Embassy has learned of possible upcoming flights from Tirana to European cities that may be available to U.S. citizens who want to depart Albania. If you are a U.S citizen and are interested in receiving more information about these potential opportunities, please immediately email ACSTirana@state.gov with the below information for all travelers. If you have already sent us your information within the past month, there is no need to re-send it to register your interest.
- Full name as appears in your passport;
- Date of Birth;
- Passport number;
- If applicable, a self-declaration if you are at higher risk for COVID-19 (without sharing specific health details).
Seats on these flights are expected to be very limited and there is no guarantee that all passengers will be accommodated. Priority would be given to U.S. citizens with a higher risk profile for faring poorly with COVID-19. All passengers would be required to pay for their flight to the European destination as well as for their onward flight from the European city to the United States. Proof of a reservation on a connecting flight to the United States will be required prior to purchasing the ticket on a flight from Tirana.
- Email ACSTirana@state.gov with the names, dates of birth, passport numbers and medical conditions of interested travelers.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania
+(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter