(July 6, 2020)
Event: On July 1, the European Council (EC) extended restrictions on U.S. citizens entering the 27 European Union (EU) countries, the United Kingdom, and the non-EU Schengen states of Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. Exceptions to these restrictions include passengers in transit. However, U.S. citizen travelers transiting more than one city in the EU and non-EU Schengen countries may not be allowed to board flights departing from Albania.
For entry requirements in the country you plan to transit, we recommend you visit the website of the U.S. Embassy in that country prior to traveling.
Please see the full EC decision here: EC Press Release
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania
+(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter