Event: On June 15, 2020, commercial flight activity resumed in Albania with flights from Tirana to Vienna, Belgrade, and Athens. Currently, there are no direct flights between those cities and the United States and, as such, the Government of Albania has declared that only European Union residents and citizens are eligible to board these flights at this time. U.S. citizens may be eligible to board flights in early July once direct flights from select European to the United States cities have been re-established. Please be advised that international travel is highly unpredictable at this time and flights and countries’ entry requirements are subject to change without advance notice. If you wish to travel to the United States, it is recommended you contact a travel agent or the airlines for real-time information about travel options and inquire about travel insurance in the event airline routes are impacted by COVID-19 pandemic-related developments.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Visit our Embassy web-page on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania
+(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter