Pending availability of funding, the U.S. Embassy in Tirana accepts applications from Albanian non-governmental organizations (NGOs), educational institutions, and Albanian cultural/ educational organizations for proposals that, advance U.S. foreign policy objectives.
Preference will be given to projects that:
- Promote civil society’s role in furthering democratic processes
- Combat the culture of corruption
- Promote entrepreneurship and economic development
- Improve English language education and skills
- Support free and professional media
- Inspire young leaders to take ownership for improving society
- Support American values, in particular human rights and social inclusion of vulnerable populations, civil rights, and religious freedom
- Build public support for Albania’s efforts to become a stronger NATO ally
Special consideration is given to Albanian (or in specific cases U.S.) organizations and individuals with a proven track record of executing superior events and programs. Proposals that demonstrate the long-term sustainability of the project, and those organizations that are able to provide significant cost sharing will receive priority.
Proposals can be submitted at any time and will be reviewed on a monthly basis pending the availability of funds. Applications must be submitted before the 20th of the month in order to be considered for that month. Applicants will be notified by the last day of the month.
Proposals should be submitted in English via email to PDGrantsTirana@state.gov with the subject line, “Grant Application: Name of Proposal” and should include the following documents: