What is the IRC?
A research and reference service for government officials, journalists, researchers, scholars and others with a professional interest in the United States. The IRC is open Monday-Friday 8:00-16:30 and closed on American and Albanian holidays.
Areas of expertise:
- U.S. politics, society and culture
- U.S. federal and state legislation, laws and regulations
- International relations, security, defense and stability
- Economics, trade, development and business
- Civil society, human rights and democratization
- Environmental and global issues
The Information Resource Center collections include online databases, an up-to-date reference collection, recent U.S. government documents and think tank reports and access to American periodicals.
A qualified, English and Albanian – speaking staff will assist you with your research using the latest print and electronic resources. The Center can also draw on specialized materials via network of U.S. Embassy Information Resource Centers and personal contacts in the United States.
Contact the IRC if you are looking for information about:
- A U.S. federal or state law or a legal decision
- Testimony or a hearing before U.S. Congress
- U.S. policy toward Albanian, the European Union or any other region
- A speech by the U.S. President, Secretary of State or any other U.S. official
- U.S. enforcement of intellectual property rights
- Treaties between the U.S. and Albania
- Business management trends in the U.S.
- The latest Consumer Price Index or U.S. trade statistics
- Biographical information on American political, cultural or business leaders
- A recent article from the New York Times, Foreign Policy, or hundreds of other American newspapers and magazines
- Web sites for official U.S. government policy, statistics, etc.
Note: Please include the following when requesting information
- Your name
- Institution (if applicable)
- Phone, fax number and e-mail address (if applicable)
- A clear description of the specific information required