Location Tirana: Marching from Skanderbeg Square (announced gathering point) to the Prime Minister’s office at Dëshmorët e Kombit Boulevard:
Date/Time: Monday, October 18, 2021, 10:00 am
Event: A protest has been announced for this morning marching from Skanderbeg Square to the Prime Minister’s office. This protest may migrate to alternate locations in Tirana, or similar gatherings may emerge in other parts of the city. The duration of the expected gathering is unknown.
U.S. citizens are advised to avoid any large gatherings in the city. While many large public events may proceed peacefully, some situations can change quickly and unpredictably. Monitor local media and follow instructions of local law enforcement authorities for the latest information.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large gatherings and any areas where demonstrations are imminent or ongoing.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania +(355) (0)4224-7285, +(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter