Location: Dëshmorët e Kombit Boulevard – in front of the Prime Minister’s Office.
Date/Time: Saturday, November 12th, starting at 4:00 pm
Event: A protest has been scheduled to take place on Dëshmorët e Kombit Boulevard, in front of the Prime Minister’s Office. This protest has the potential to spread to surrounding streets causing traffic congestion, detours, and road closures.
U.S. citizens are advised to avoid large gatherings. While many large events proceed peacefully, some situations can change quickly and unpredictably. Monitor local media and follow instructions of local law enforcement authorities for the latest information.
Actions to Take:
- U.S. Citizens are urged to avoid this event.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania +(355) (0)4224-7285, +(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter