Location: Tirana: Democratic Party headquarters
Date/Time: Saturday, January 8, 2022, beginning at 12:00 noon
Event: U.S. citizens are advised that a group has called for a protest at the Democratic Party headquarters.
U.S. citizens are advised to avoid any large gatherings in the city. While many large public events may proceed peacefully, some situations can change quickly and unpredictably, and participants can migrate to other parts of the city. Monitor local media for the latest information and follow instructions of local law enforcement authorities.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large gatherings and any areas where demonstrations are imminent or ongoing.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania
+(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter