Location: Boulevard Deshmoret e Kombit, near the Ministry of Interior.
Event: A demonstration is expected to take place near the Ministry of Interior in Tirana on December 10, 2020, beginning around 6:00 p.m. This demonstration may migrate to alternate locations in Tirana, or similar protests may emerge in other parts of the city. The duration of the expected demonstration is unknown.
U.S. citizens are advised to avoid any large gatherings in the city. While many demonstrations may begin peacefully, situations can change quickly and unpredictably, and violent clashes may occur.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large gatherings and any areas where demonstrations are imminent or ongoing.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania
+(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter