Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following areas in Tirana, Albania:
- Parliament Building
- Prime Minister’s Office
- Other government buildings
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place when the Albanian Parliament is in session. Exact dates are unknown, but demonstrations may occur on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. The group intends to demonstrate against the Albanian government. The duration of the expected demonstrations is unknown. Security forces have used water cannons and tear gas during recent protests.
U.S. Embassy personnel and family members are directed to avoid all gathering points and locations where demonstrations are imminent or ongoing.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large gatherings and any areas where demonstrations are imminent or ongoing.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania
+(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter