Location: Tirana: From Democratic Party HQ to Prime Minister’s Office
Date/Time: Monday, December 20, 2021, at 1600hrs
Event: A protest has been called for Monday, December 20, starting at 4:00pm. Protest organizers have announced the gathering will start at the Democratic Party Headquarters and migrate to the vicinity of the Prime Minister’s Office.
U.S. citizens are advised to avoid any large gatherings in the city. While many large public events may proceed peacefully, some situations can change quickly and unpredictably. Monitor local media for the latest information and follow instructions of local law enforcement authorities.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large gatherings and any areas where demonstrations are imminent or ongoing.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania
+(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter