Location: In front of the Prime Minister’s Office (Deshmoret e Kombit Blvd)
Event: A protest has been scheduled to take place in front of the Prime Minister’s Office on Deshmoret e Kombit Blvd on Tuesday March 29, 2022, beginning at 5:00 p.m. These protests have the potential to spread to surrounding streets causing traffic congestion, detours, and road closures. In addition to this scheduled protest there have been several unscheduled and unannounced protests throughout Tirana and the rest of the country. These protests often occur near public gathering spaces and/or government buildings and may occur at any time of day.
U.S. citizens are advised to avoid large gatherings in the city. While many large events proceed peacefully, some situations can change quickly and unpredictably. Monitor local media and follow instructions of local law enforcement authorities for the latest information.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large gatherings and any areas where demonstrations are imminent or ongoing.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania +(355) (0)4224-7285, +(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter