Location: Boulevard Deshmoret e Komit, Tirana, Albania
Date/Time: Saturday, March 19, 2022, at 11:00 a.m. and other unannounced times and locations
Event: A protest has been scheduled to take place in front of the Prime Minister’s Office on Deshmoret e Kombit boulevard on Saturday, March 19, 2022, beginning at 11:00 a.m. These protests have the potential to spread to surrounding streets causing traffic congestion, detours, and road closures. In addition to this scheduled protest there have been several unscheduled and unannounced protests throughout Tirana and the rest of the country. These protests often occur near public gathering spaces and/or government buildings and may occur at any time of day.
U.S. citizens are advised to avoid any large gatherings in the city. While many large public events may proceed peacefully, some situations can change quickly and unpredictably, and participants can migrate to other parts of the city. Monitor local media for the latest information and follow instructions of local law enforcement authorities.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large gatherings and any areas where demonstrations are imminent or ongoing.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania
+(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter