Location: Boulevard Deshmoret e Kombit, near the Ministry of Interior.
Event: The Embassy anticipates that demonstrations will continue this evening near the Ministry of Interior in Tirana (Blvd. Deshmoret e Kombit), and that protests may continue into the weekend. Bear in mind that demonstrations can migrate to alternate locations in Tirana, or similar protests may emerge in other areas. Demonstrations in recent days have resulted in violence.
U.S. citizens should continue to avoid this area, as well as any large gatherings. While many demonstrations can begin peacefully, situations may change quickly and unpredictably, and violent clashes may occur.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large gatherings and any areas where demonstrations are imminent or ongoing.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania
+(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter