Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following areas in Tirana, Albania:
- Deshmoret e Kombit Boulevard, in the vicinity of the Prime Minister’s Office
- Zogu i Zi area
- Qyteti Studenti
- Selman Stermasi Stadium
Event: A demonstration is expected to take place on February 16, 2019. Demonstrators will reportedly gather at the Zogu i Zi area (Black Eagle Square), Qyteti Studenti (Student City), Selman Stermasi Stadium, and other locations around the city in the morning, then move towards the Prime Minister’s Office to gather around 11:00 a.m. The group intends to demonstrate against the Albanian government. The duration of the demonstration is unknown.
U.S. Embassy personnel and family members are directed to avoid all gathering points and locations where demonstrations are imminent or ongoing.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large gatherings and any areas where demonstrations are imminent or ongoing, to include all demonstration gathering points.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania
+(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter