The Business Information Database System (BIDS) gives U.S. businesses up to the minute information about significant foreign government and multilateral development bank procurements. Through an interactive map interface, businesses can find new export opportunities, validated by U.S. government economic and commercial experts overseas. Public and private partners can link to or download BIDS data for matchmaking, analysis, or other purposes.
The Direct Line for American Business program connects U.S. businesses and American Ambassadors and U.S. mission personnel overseas, making you part of our “country team.” You will get up to the minute information on markets vital to your business, and learn about new sectors and tenders to help you expand your business.
BusinessUSA is a White House initiative that serves as an electronic clearing house for U.S. Government information and assistance that relates to business.
- Department of Commerce: The Commerce Department’s mission is to help make American businesses be more innovative at home and more competitive abroad. Comprised of 12 different agencies responsible for everything from weather forecasts to patent protection, the Commerce Department touches the lives of Americans every day.
- Export.gov: Brings together resources from across the U.S. Government to assist American businesses in planning their international sales strategies to succeed in today’s global marketplace. Export.gov also hosts information on the National Export Initiative.
- Export Import Bank of the United States: The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) is the official export credit agency of the United States. Ex-Im Bank’s assists in financing the export of U.S. goods and services to international markets. It provides working capital guarantees (pre-export financing); export credit insurance; and loan guarantees and direct loans (buyer financing.)
- National IPR Center: The National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center (IPR Center) stands at the forefront of the U.S. government’s response to global intellectual property (IP) theft.
- Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR): The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) is responsible for developing and coordinating U.S. international trade, commodity, direct investment policy, and overseeing negotiations with other countries.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation: OPIC is the U.S. Government’s development finance institution. It mobilizes private capital to help solve critical world challenges and in doing so, advances U.S. foreign policy. OPIC provides funding through direct loans and loan guaranties to eligible investment projects in developing countries and emerging markets, insurance instruments and provides support for the creation of privately-owned and managed investment funds.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA): The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) provides support to U.S. small businesses and small –business owners across the nation through capital (loans), access to federal contracts, and counseling.
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency: USTDA is an independent U.S. Government foreign assistance agency that is funded by the U.S. Congress. USTDA helps companies create U.S. jobs through the export of U.S. goods and services for priority development projects in emerging economies. USTDA links U.S. businesses to export opportunities by funding project planning activities, pilot projects, and reverse trade missions while creating sustainable infrastructure and economic growth in partner countries.
- AmChams: AmChams advance the interests of American business overseas. They are voluntary associations of American companies and individuals doing business in a particular country, as well as firms and individuals of that country who operate in the U.S. Currently, 115 AmChams in 102 countries are affiliated with U.S. AmCham. Listings of AmChams and contact information by region of interest or country are also available.
- Embassy of the Republic of Albania
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prime Minister http://www.kryeministria.al/
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs http://www.punetejashtme.gov.al/
- Ministry of Defense http://www.mbrojtja.gov.al/
- Ministry of Finance http://www.financa.gov.al/
- Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Entrepreneurship http://ekonomia.gov.al/
- Ministry of Energy and Industry http://www.energjia.gov.al/
- Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure http://www.transporti.gov.al/
- Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Water Administration http://www.bujqesia.gov.al/
- Ministry of European Integration http://www.integrimi.gov.al/
- Ministry of Interior Affairs http://www.punetebrendshme.gov.al/
- Ministry of Justice http://www.drejtesia.gov.al/
- Ministry of Health http://www.shendetesia.gov.al/
- Ministry of Culture http://www.kultura.gov.al/
- Ministry of Urban Development and Tourism http://turizmi.gov.al/
- Ministry of Social Welfare and Youth http://www.sociale.gov.al/
- Ministry of Education and Sports http://www.arsimi.gov.al/
- Ministry of the Environment http://www.mjedisi.gov.al/
- Ministry of Innovation and Public Administration http://www.inovacioni.gov.al/
Other Albanian Government Institutions and Agencies
- Central Bank http://www.bankofalbania.com
- Institute of Statistics http://www.instat.gov.al
- Public Procurement Agency http://www.app.gov.al
- Business Licensing Center http://www.qkl.gov.al
- Business Registration Center http://www.qkr.gov.al
- Albanian Investment and Development Agency http://www.aida.gov.al
- General Directorate of Taxation http://www.tatime.gov.al
- General Directorate of Customs http://www.dogana.gov.al
- Energy Regulator http://www.ere.gov.al
- Electronic Communication and Postal Authority http://www.ert.gov.al
- National Agency of Information Society http://www.akshi.gov.al/
- Agency of Natural Resources http://www.akbn.gov.al
- Financial Supervising Authority http://www.amf.gov.al
- Competition Authority http://www.caa.gov.al
- Albania Patent and Trademark Office http://www.alpto.gov.al
- General Directorate of Metrology http://www.dpmk.gov.al
- General Directorate of Standardization http://www.dps.gov.al