Are you a student who wants to help combat corruption? Apply to be a part of the investigative journalism lab! Selected students who demonstrate passion and courage for independent, investigative journalism will participate in a mentoring program and write investigative stories on important issues in Albania. Cutting-edge equipment and journalism training will be provided by experts from Albania and distinguished American journalism professors.
To apply, please submit the following to PASTirana@state.gov by August 23, 2019
- Please write an essay (300 words or less) on one of the following topics, in English:
- How can more responsible journalism help strengthen Albania’s democracy?
- Why is it important to have news media that are independent of the influence of government, political, and business interests?
- How does corruption affect the average citizen?
- Full name, DOB, Address, University, Year, Major, Phone number, Email
- Any samples of your work (links to articles in blogs, newspapers, journalism projects, video/audio work).
In order to qualify for the program, the applicant must be:
- A resident of Albania - Currently enrolled in an Albanian university in journalism, communications or a related field - Able to write and communicate orally in English