Location: Air Albania Stadium surroundings and city wide
Date/Time: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 – throughout the day, including match beginning at 9 pm
Event: On Wednesday, May 25, 2022, the UEFA Europa Conference League Final between the teams of Roma (Italy) and Feyenoord (the Netherlands) will be held at the Tirana National Arena, “Air Albania Stadium.”
The Albanian government has declared a public holiday in Tirana on May 25. Authorities have announced that multiple roads coming in and out of the city will be open only to emergency vehicles. Numerous roads in the city center, near the Stadium, and throughout Blloku, will be closed to vehicular traffic. Please consult the website below for maps from the Albania State Police denoting road closures:
Please note that these designations also may be subject to change. Monitor local media and follow instructions of local law enforcement authorities for the latest information.
The U.S. Embassy strongly advises U.S. citizens and U.S. Embassy personnel to avoid downtown Tirana and the Stadium area on Wednesday May 25. Due to the large crowds expected in Tirana, please use caution throughout the city and be aware of your surroundings.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large gatherings and any areas where demonstrations are imminent or ongoing.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile
- U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania +(355) (0)4224-7285, +(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Albania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter